At Sguardisegreti there is nothing we love more than colors. They spark our imagination to create new exciting designs that create opportunity of self expression for every woman. We have a passion for observing the colors ladies embrace each season to set trends and inspire our collections.
For this summer trends will take two opposed directions
on one side towards a strong, vibrant palette that recalls fauvist pictures, on the other towards pastel hues on light and destructured garments, for an ethereal look.
Women all around the world are embracing color more and more and designers are recognizing the need to show more vibrancy in their collections. The desire for colorful self-expression is a key take away for this summer. The color story is wildly divergent and we see a mosaic of uplifting shades and feel-good tones. A feeling of optimism and confidence is driving a new vitality into fashion trends.
At the same time women continue to look for more neutral or classic shades when it comes to the seasonal essentials and when creating a capsule wardrobe. Those classic shades work well on their own but, they provide a beautiful landscape for the color complexity and infinite number of show stopping combinations.
Women have recognized the freedom to explore and experiment with more color, fashion, and the people who interact with it and no longer feel limited by traditional color guidelines.
Seasonal borders, gender and stereotypes are not an issue for the charismatic, sophisticated and sensible woman. That is why we see untypical shades that communicate the women’s desire to experiment with color all year round without any restrictions.
Here are some of the colors and exciting shades that will dominate this summer:
- Meadowlark: The bold and lively Meadowlark, a confident and outgoing bright yellow shade highlights the summer season, glistening with joy and illuminating the world around us.
- Cherry Tomato: Impulsive Cherry Tomato is a tempestuous orangey red that exudes heat and energy. Demanding attention, this courageous, never to be ignored, shade is viscerally alive.
- Little Boy Blue: With the expectation of the clear blue sky, Little Boy Blue is no longer for little boys only. Suggestive of expansiveness and continuity, this azure blue shade reassures us with its promise of a new day.
- Pink Lavender: Pink Lavender is a soft and romantic violet rose that charms with its soothing sense of quiescence.
- Arcadia: Hinting at retro yet at the same time modern, Arcadia is a cooler, cleaner take on green that with its tinge of blue undertone takes us into a new direction for the summer season.
- Ultra Violet: The Color of the year. Conveying originality and ingenuity, the magical Ultra Violet is a distinctive and complex purple shade that fascinates and intrigues.
- Spring Crocus Witty and expressive, Spring Crocus is a flamboyant and tantalizing fuchsia shade that summons you in with its beguiling charm.
- Lime Punch: Sharp and pungent, Lime Punch hits a chord with its strident and striking citrus like presence in the summer color palette.
Classic and Neutral evergreen
At the same time for many women, classic color is the mainstay of the wardrobe and the foundation core upon which they start building their own personal style. Nuances of classic and neutral colors will also be everywhere this summer season. From navy like Sailor Blue to mid-tone dove gray and warm sand colors the classics will anchor, solidify and add a comforting neutral shade that effortlessly connects the season.
What a great time to create. Women are feeling free to experiment with all kinds of colors. So are we. This pop of colors, the mix of exotic shades and the comforting neutrality of the classic tones is so inspiring and is feeding our creative genius. That is why we love to observe and play with colors – it is an endless source of inspiration!